Shimano SLX 150HG Baitcasting Reel
Anglers searching for a true workhorse of a reel are sure to be impressed with the Shimano SLX Casting Reel.
Offering tournament-grade performance and durability at a price point that the budget-minded angler can appreciate, the SLX offers serious value to anglers of all levels.
Built on a Hagane Body that is 20% more compact than the Shimano Caenan and yet retains the same line capacity, the compact SLX palms exceptionally well while allowing the angler to pack on enough line for long casts.
The body of the SLX is made entirely of highly rigid metals that produce a solid platform that both reduces weight and eliminates reel flexing when cranking on fish or pulling them out of heavy cover.
The VBS centrifugal braking system is extremely user-friendly and effective at preventing backlashes and increasing casting distance in a variety of conditions. Shimano offers the SLX casting reel in both left and right hand as well as 3 different gear ratios - further cementing SLX as a tournament-level offering at an affordable price that anglers of all ages and skill levels are sure to enjoy.
- Hagane Body: A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to it’s stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler’s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- VBS Braking: Uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast, where backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces spool speed. As speed lessens, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway is lessened, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- ITEM CODE: SLX150HG
- KEY FEATURE: HAGANE BODY
- RETRIEVE PER CRANK RANGE (IN): 25-32
- FAMILY TYPE: LOW PROFILE
- MONO LINE CAPACITY (#TEST/YD): 10/120,12/110,14/90
- WEIGHT (OZ): 6.9
- BEARINGS: 3+1
- GEAR RATIO: 7.2:1
- POWERPRO BRAID (LB/YDS): 20/150,30/135,40/105
- MAX DRAG (LB): 11