For the committed backcountry hunter willing to work harder and go further to enhance their experience, the Mountain Hauler opens a world of opportunity for extreme and extended mountain pursuits. The primary bag expands from 4,000 to 5,000 cubic inches to easily place an elk quarter on the load-hauling shelf, and gear can be separated and stowed internally below the load shelf in the Mountain Hauler Dry Bag.
All load-bearing components are directly secured to the frame for an extremely efficient transfer of energy and 3-layer multi-density hydrophobic foam pads in the hip and shoulders provide cushioning that won’t chafe under a full pack. Components used during a successful harvest are SITKA orange, providing intuitive functionality to assist hunters who may be experiencing fatigue or stress while packing out an animal. Adjustable suspension and medium or large options in both the hip belt and shoulder yoke enable simple custom fitting. Weighing in at a mere 6.4 pounds but rated to comfortably carry 150 pounds, the new Mountain Hauler is capable of conquering the most ambitious backcountry hunts.
- GORE OPTIFADE Concealment
- 220-denier nylon material with polyurethan coating on both sides
- 6061-T6 Aircraft-Grade Aluminum Frame for hugh strenght to weight ratio
- Load-bearing elements are attached directly to the frame for efficient force transfer
- 3-layer multi-density hydrophobic foam pads in the hip & shoulders
- Gear can be separated and stowed internally below
- Shoulder yoke & hip belt enable custom fitting
- Moisture-resistant cushioning
- Rated to carry up to 150 lbs. comfortably
- Scenario: Ground Ambush
- Environment: Vegetarws Terrain
Dimensions, Weight & Fit
- Sizing: Medium: 28”-36” Waist // Large: 34”-40” Waist
- Primary bag expands from 4,000 to 5,000 cubic inches
- Shoulder harness yoke will adjust to fit torse lengths from 17" to 22"
- Frame Length: 26"
- Frame Width: 13" tapering down to 10.5" at the waist
- Weight: 6.4 lb
The Science of Concealment
GORE OPTIFADE Concealment Subalpine is designed for stalking and ambushing ungulates from ground level in tree-covered and vegetated terrain. Subalpine is optimized for engagement ranges of 50 yards and less.